|Location: Northridge, CA, US
Apply now »
Category Human Resources
Division Diabetes HR
Relocation No relocation assistance
Job Type Full Time – Regular
Travel Percentage less than 25%
Experience Required 5 years
Education Required Bachelors Degree
Medtronic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Imagine playing a role in changing what it means to live with chronic disease. At Medtronic, you can… Come be a part of our mission and help us alleviate pain, restore health, and improve lives!
The Sr.Talent Acquisition Specialist will engage in tactical and strategic sourcing to help Medtronic Diabetes proactively source and place top talent across our business. This position will involve full life cycle recruiting with a focus on identifying strong diverse talent by designing and executing creative sourcing strategies.
– Use a variety of methods (including data mining of the internet, cold calling, on-line databases, social media, internal database, employee referrals, and career fairs etc…) to source candidates that meet the target profile, using screening techniques to reduce the candidate pool.
– Effectively execute searches for a functional area(s) by understanding business needs, functional hiring needs, position specifications, and search requirements.
– Partner with Hiring Managers to generate ideas, leverage resources, and share information that facilitates an effective search process.
– Screen candidates for availability, interest level, visa status, salary range, relocation needs, and basic qualifications. Evaluate employment factors such as job experience, education, skills, training, fit with the company, and future potential
– Recommend candidates to hiring managers based on objective criteria used in the evaluation process and partner with managers to help them in the talent selection process
– Research, identify, evaluate and implement the use of effective diversity recruiting resources and tools
– Participate in and attend job fairs, networking events as a means to obtain a strong pipeline of candidates and to effectively meet hiring needs and business initiatives.
– Build bench of qualified candidates for future needs.
– Generate reports of employment activity as required (time-to-fill metric, Requisition load, etc.).
– Lead and collaborate on projects/reports related to Diabetes’ Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives.
– BA/BS degree in journalism, communications, marketing, human resources, business or other related discipline, required.
– Minimum 5+ years recruiting/sourcing experience for non-exempt and exempt level positions in a large corporate environment required (preferably in medical devices, pharmaceutical, healthcare, or R & D)
– Direct recent knowledge of, experience and proficiency using staffing IT tools such as applicant tracking software, HRIS systems, electronic job boards and candidate sourcing applications. Must be versed in Boolean logic, AIRStraining or similar.
– Strong internet data mining and “cold calling” sourcing/recruiting experience. Excellent prospecting and networking skills, especially via online social networks required
– Must demonstrates strong business acumen and have direct experience sourcing diverse candidates at all levels
– Organizational savvy, ability to navigate in a large, global organization required
– Ability to generate a high volume and high quality pipeline of candidates under very tight timelines required. Must have strong time management skills and the ability to manage and coordinate multiple recruitment activities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to changing business priorities & environment
– Flexibility and willingness to support multiple functional areas required
– Behavior based interviewing experience required
– Strong communication and influencing skills – high energy, positive, and professional required.
– Excellent PC skills in managing website content, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel, required.
– Proven customer focus; the ability to effectively influence and manage customer expectations and build strong relationships
– 7+ years candidate generation experience in a large global fortune 500 company preferred
– Experience sourcing for field sales, and/or technical (engineering), and/or clinical talent highly preferred.
– Experience working in the medical device/healthcare industry with a large network of healthcare talent preferred
– Experience supporting remote hiring managers and managing a field-based hiring process highly preferred
– Master’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, human resources, business or other related discipline
– Experience working for an employment agency preferred
– Working knowledge of PeopleClick/Peoplefluent preferred
– Working knowledge of contact management system preferred
– Working knowledge of PeopleSoft preferred
– AIRS certification preferred
Physical Job Requirements
– Available for National / Domestic travel 10-15% of work time
– Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed to reach candidates
– Sit for extended periods of time
– Ability to lift promotional materials and marketing collateral