BP is looking for an AIRS Certified Internet Talent Sourcing Advisor in Houston!
Internet Talent Sourcing Advisor
BP – Houston, TX
See original job posting at BP »
|Sunbury Houston Role synopsis The role is responsible for identifying targeted pools of talent in the external market through the use of advanced internet search techniques. This role works in partnership with the Resourcing teams to agree, determine and execute internet sourcing strategies for niche skills sets and hard to fill external vacancies. Key accountabilities Strategic
· Contribute to the success of the wider Upstream Resourcing Team through participation in cross-team projects
· Research and monitor the latest internet research techniques to inform and develop innovative sourcing strategies
· Constantly monitor and keep up to date with industry trends, information and publications and build market intelligence to inform successful sourcing strategies
· Identify pools of talent and conduct lead generation, using advanced internet sourcing techniques.
· Effectively engage and partner 3rd party research vendor as part of the targeted sourcing projects.
· Provide presentation of quality up-to-date market intelligence as required
· Work in partnership with the Talent Sourcers and Recruiters, presenting the output of the agreed work in time, quality and quantity.
· Employ innovative approaches to maintain and expand diverse candidate networks
· Share insights and valuable market intelligence with the recruitment teams.
· Monitor the performance of internet sourcing techniques, and develop a “tool box” of effective techniques
· Identify, develop, agree and manage ad hoc projects related to Talent Sourcing for individual Discipline/Function recruitment teams
· Provide training and mentoring to other members of the team as required
· Ensure data integrity in line with agreed performance criteria, including timely and accurate update of CRM systems
· Ensure adherence to BP values and policies, as well as applicable local and statutory employment legislation
· Other projects and duties as assigned by Talent Sourcing Operations Manager/Global Sourcing and Attraction Manager Essential Education Degree level or equivalent experience Essential experience and job requirements Knowledge/Skills requirements
Advanced knowledge and proven skills of search techniques and market mapping Extensive expertise in AIRS, Boolean, Forensic and other similar internet search techniques and tools Track record of identifying and engaging high quality, diverse candidates for niche/scarce skill-sets in Oil & Gas Experience of volume, full cycle recruitment in a complex organisation Experience of using of market intelligence tools and information to inform successful sourcing strategies Excellent written communication skills Strategic thinking and ability to define multi-channel (active and passive) sourcing strategies Ability to detect, manage and report risks "Out of the box” thinking
Relationship management Team player Resilience Organizational skills/time management Excellent attention to detail Risk awareness Ability to deliver strong results with minimal supervision Other essential skills and knowledge Previous Work Experience
· Experience of successfully sourcing passive candidates across multiple disciplines and geographies in Oil & Gas using advanced search techniques
· Working in a Recruitment/Sourcing Function
· Developing and executing multi-channel sourcing strategies
· Applicant tracking/CRM systems (preferably Kenexa Brass Ring)
· Competent in Microsoft Office products, Visio, Access, Excel, Word and Power Point
· Experience of working within defined recruitment policies and practices Desirable criteria & qualifications – Previous experience in the Oil & Gas industry
· Previous use of Kenexa Recruiter BrassRing Relocation available No Travel required Yes – up to 25% Is this a part time position? No About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
To remain one of the world’s premier integrated oil companies, BP recognizes that it needs a highly respected, high performing, world class HR function which combines the provision of strategic advice to business leaders with efficient and effective transactional support to line managers and employees. HR is one of 3 shared service functions (HR, IT & Services and Finance) that, together with our operating management system and code of conduct act as ‘bolts’ for the company across all BP businesses, helping to ensure that we follow a common purpose. Our HR business partner teams are embedded in the business and combine functional expertise with a deep understanding of the business they support. These teams are supported by HR operations teams who deliver silent running on core HR services and by HR specialist teams in the functional corporate center who use their deep expertise to create business aligned HR solutions and frameworks. We are looking for talented, committed HR professionals who can work with the business to deliver the right people solutions that create competitive advantage to the organisation. Disclaimer If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. BP is an equal opportunity employer. Removal Time 23:59 (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) Removal Date 10-May-2012