CNA is looking for an AIRS Certified Talent Acquisition/Senior Recruiter in Woodland Hills California
Talent Acquisition Consultant/Senior Recruiter-HUM00017P
Since 1897, CNA has been providing outstanding service and an ongoing commitment to building long-term relationships, earning us a reputation for being a carrier that inspires trust. At CNA, we take pride in our ability to offer innovative products and services that meet the evolving needs of our customers and business partners alike.
We are currently seeking an energetic, driven and innovative Talent Acquisition Consultant to join our national underwriting recruitment team.
The Talent Acquisition Consultant acts as a trusted client advisor and relationship manager combining leading-edge resources and technology to deliver best in class talent for critical business needs. This individual contributor will be their territory’s go-to recruiting expert and will perform full life-cycle recruitment including client engagement, strategy development, sourcing, screening, offer negotiation and onboarding.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Creates and executes the recruiting strategy and operations for all levels of Home Office and/or Field Underwriting roles. Leads the selection team (hiring manager, interviewer, HR generalist and recruiting coordinator) and ensures that everyone is aligned and executing toward the desired outcome.
2. Develops sourcing strategies to identify and attract the best talent in the industry; Proactively builds candidate pipelines to fill current and anticipated vacancies. Knows the best sourcing channels to reach different candidate segments.
3. Oversees the selection process including identifying and assessing candidates, conducting pre-screens, facilitating interviews and gathering candidate and management feedback.
4. Develops intelligence on and relationships with high-potential, passive candidates through strategic sourcing and relationship recruiting.
5. Partners with the HR Generalist to develop offer recommendations. Extends candidate offers and negotiates to successful closure.
6. Prepares and submits staffing activity and analysis as well as other reports for management.
7. Stays current on hiring trends, competitor information and employment market conditions.
8. Participates in maintaining and monitoring vendor relationships and makes vendor recommendations to management as needed.
9. May assist in the training and development of Recruiting Consultant(s) and/or Recruiting Specialist(s) using expertise and best practice approaches.
10. Participates on Talent Acquisition projects and/or broader organizational initiatives as assigned.
Director or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Solid recruitment and strategic sourcing expertise including thorough understanding of best practices, techniques, and technology
2. Demonstrated ability to build consultative, collaborative business partnerships with key stakeholders
3. Proven ability to develop and leverage deep business acumen
4. Effective communication skills across a variety of audiences
5. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a flair for creating innovative and effective solutions
6. Comfortable dealing with and resolving ambiguous, confidential and sensitive situations
7. Expertise in behavioral based interviewing and competency-based selection
8. Comfortable working within a highly matrixed, team-based environment
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree, in a related discipline, or equivalent
2. Typically a minimum of five years of recruiting experience in either a corporate or agency setting
3. Property & Casualty Insurance experience preferred
4. Direct sourcing and or social media recruitment expertise desired
5. AIRS certification a plus
United States-California-Woodland Hills
United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-California-San Francisco
HR Talent – Acq COM USSPL FO