Oak Ridge National Laboratory Is Looking For An AIRS Certified Technical Recruiter In Tennessee
The purpose of this position is to source, screen, conduct interviews and recommend the best and the brightest candidates to hiring managers for technical positions specific to Neutron Science Directorate (NScD) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL). The incumbent must comply with company policy and EEO, ADA and Affirmative Action guidelines in the screening and hire process.
With the world’s highest-flux, reactor-based neutron source (the High Flux Isotope Reactor (HFIR)), and the world’s most intense pulsed, accelerator-based neutron source (the Spallation Neutron Source), ORNL has become the world’s foremost center for neutron science. Research at these facilities will encompass the physical, chemical, materials, biological, and medical sciences and will provide opportunities for up to 2000 researchers each year from industry, research facilities, and universities all over the world. To learn more about Neutron Sciences at ORNL go to: http://neutrons.ornl.gov.
- Conduct full lifecycle recruitment for NScD technical positions including sourcing, screening, recruitment and selection of qualified candidates by utilizing colleges, job fairs, Internet job boards, employee referrals and personal sourcing efforts through social media and networking.
- Develop and implement new, innovative sourcing and recruiting strategies including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management in order to provide a qualified and diverse candidate pool to the hiring manager.
- Work with hiring managers to determine and anticipate staffing needs and assist in identifying the open position’s requirements and specifications.
- Ensure applicant experience and education and those required for the position match to ensure compatibility; present hiring manager with information on the most qualified candidates.
- Develop effective relationships with contacts at local and national colleges, job fairs and trade schools to support recruiting efforts.
- Oversee the offer process including reference checks, salary recommendations, offer letter generation, offer acceptance/declines, and negotiate offers by partnering with hiring manager, senior management, Human Resources Manager and others as required.
- Recommend and identify the most qualified candidates by bringing knowledge of technical roles and market availability of candidates to the decision-making process.
- Work collaboratively with other HR associates to manage and refine the hiring process including approvals, job descriptions, postings and offers.
- Manage specialized recruiting projects as required.
- Ensure compliance with environment, safety, health and quality program requirements.
- Maintain strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of values and ethics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field with a minimum of two years of directly related technical recruiting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks and effectively interact with all levels of an organization are keys to success.
- Solid understanding of technical skills specific to each position with an ability to speak intelligently with technical candidates is required.
- Excellent PC Skills, proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.) with a general understanding of PC operations and applications is required.
- Incumbent must have experience in creating and understanding recruiting metrics and in managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects, and client relationships.
- Exceptional telephone, interviewing, and relationship building skills and the ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships are required.
- The incumbent must be capable of handling multiple tasks/problems simultaneously; meet deadlines; set priorities; continuously improve processes and procedures.
- Strong listening, creative thinking and relationship-building skills with a proven customer focus are required.
- The incumbent must possess a wide range of experience in current external recruiting policies, practices and trends and be able to propose and implement ongoing improvements to ORNL’s recruitment efforts.
- Must possess familiarity with multiple communication forums.
- The incumbent must be positive, courteous, and be capable of maintaining a professional attitude under pressure and must possess a proven track record of networking capabilities.
- Recruiting experience in a corporate, technical, or university recruiting environment as well as in telecommunication platforms or virtual/digital recruiting channels is preferred.
- Internet recruiting experience preferred.
- AIRS training and/or certification preferred.
UT–Battelle is recognized by our employees and the community as an inclusive environment where diversity is valued and individuals and teams are inspired to contribute fully to the organization’s success. ORNL is an equal opportunity employer.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is a multiprogram science and technology laboratory managed for the U.S. Department of Energy by UT-Battelle, LLC. Scientists and engineers at ORNL conduct basic and applied research and development to create scientific knowledge and technological solutions that strengthen the nation’s leadership in key areas of science; increase the availability of clean, abundant energy; restore and protect the environment; and contribute to national security. ORNL also performs other work for the Department of Energy, including isotope production, information management, and technical program management, and provides research and technical assistance to other organizations.