|Military Recruiting Program Lead-214399 Description
Lead the efforts of Bell Helicopter to attract and hire employees with previous military experience and manage the relationship with relative military hiring organizations, such as 100K Jobs, Veterans Commission, etc.
- Develop and maintain military hiring budget
- Staff military job fairs, including TAP events
- Coordinate and lead internal military steering committee, including development of military career transition program
- Develop and coordinate monthly military hiring metrics to prove program ROI
- Interface with corporate communication to identify, coordinate and staff military-themed events in the communities Bell serves.
- Interface with all Bell sites to advise on military hiring issues, and serve as the Bell representative to Textron on corporate initiatives.
- Meet with Hiring Manager to discuss position requirements, organizational fit and search strategy.
- Sourcing and screening internal and external candidates for the down-select of 3 – 5 final candidates to be presented to hiring managers
- Assess potential candidates for fit within the position identified, including skills, education, and experience and also competency and cultural alignment
- Maintenance of the internal and external job posting systems
- Selection and coordination of external candidate sources including advertising, internet posting, local government offices, and alternative sources
- Actively participate in recruitment functions such as job fairs, career days, and other events to source candidates
- Establish relationships with well-qualified candidates
- Employment offer creation and negotiation
- Coordinate drug screens, physicals and background checks
- Applicant tracking and maintenance of appropriate records for employment federal and state compliance reporting
Bachelors degree in business, human resources or other related field preferred, or equivalent work experience in any branch of the military. Prior military service is required.
- Experience with high volume recruiting of a variety of professional and managerial level positions across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with candidates and hiring managers and desire for strong customer service
- Ability to quickly gain an understanding of the business needs and strategy and articulate the needs of a position
- 8 or more years of experience recruiting at the above reference level is required
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Exceptional PC skills including Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrated ability in all facets of networking, including social media
- Knowledge and experience utilizing an HRIS or Talent Management System, such as Taleo
- Strong work ethic and ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Able to manage multiple searches, at various levels and stages; Time management and the ability to prioritize are essential skill sets
- Individuals with a high energy level, creative thought process and solid business skills would thrive in this fast paced, ever changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to create, compile and communicate program metrics proving ROI
- Experience recruiting for aerospace and defense industry or agency is a plus
- An advanced degree and third-party recruiting experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge of and experience with Taleo
- Proven project management experience
- SPHR or PHR certification
- Recent AIRS certification or training is highly desired
- Competency Requirements:
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Functional Technical
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Job Field : Human Resources
Primary Location : US-Texas-Fort Worth
Recruiting Company : Bell Helicopter
Schedule : Full-time
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : First Shift
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting : Mar 28, 2013, 11:00:00 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
View or apply to job